It’s been decided! XTERRA Belgium is to be event partner of the O-SEE Challenge 2018. After the traditional Christmas winter walk ending at the cosy Kammbaude in Oybin with the owner, Knut, the O-SEE athletes present decided in favour of the Belgians. The secret favourites came out on top against strong competition from Denmark, Switzerland and Poland. We were, after all, already curious about Belgium. In no time at all the Walloons have managed to establish XTERRA Belgium as a highlight on the European tour. The backdrop of the Namur citadel high above the river Maas played, in part, a decisive role. But not just that. The Belgians are a cycling nation and cross-triathlon has 50% to do with cycling, or so it feels. The enthusiasm for this sport can certainly be felt. And they know how to party, too!
So, let’s have a look. Race Director, Florian Badoux and XTERRA veteran Yeray Luxem will like this.
But what does it mean, O-SEE Challenge event partner? Really it doesn’t mean anything more than the fact that we want to build a close and intensive connection with the organisers and event during the year. More precisely:
- As a highlight for the year 2018, O-SEE Sports will travel to XTERRA Belgium with as many people as possible and at the same time promote the XTERRA family.
- From now on, us O-SEE doers will keep in close contact with the organisers and promoters of XTERRA Belgium and so get some joint promotional activities off the ground.
- O-SEE Sports will in return invite representatives of the partner event’s organisational team to XTERRA Germany at the O-SEE.
- We will develop personal contacts, share experiences, get to know each other better and maybe even party together and therefore be able to build up a personal rapport with each other.
In 2017 we paired up with XTERRA France as the first ever partner event, and so now we’re carrying on. We’re already looking forward to this season’s highlight, that is of course alongside the O-SEE Challenge itself!
Mit tollen Motiven der diesjährigen O-SEE Challenge - ein MUST HAVE für jeden O-SEE-Fan und Crosstriathleten.
Also greift zu, die Auflage ist auf 200 Stück limitiert!
Der Kalender ist in folgenden Verkaufsstellen zu erwerben:
Fritz Fahrräder, Äußere Oybiner Straße 16, 02763 Zittau
SKI HAGENS, Äußere Oybiner Straße 16, 02763 Zittau
Radsport Oberlausitz, Hauptstraße 214, 02739 Kottmar
Und nach Absprache auch in unserem Org-Büro, Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 32, 02763 Zittau
Der Kalender kostet 10,00 € bei Selbstabholung
Online Registration opens on Monday, 4 December 2017 at midday
- XTERRA European Championship 2018 (18. August 2018)
- O-SEE Challenge 2018 (18./19. August 2018) for the following competitions
- O-SEE Classic
- O-SEE Team
- O-SEE Reduced
- O-SEE Team Reduced NEW!!!
- O-SEE Light NEW!!!
- O-SEE X'KIDS Challenge 2018 (19.August 2018) Championship of Saxony - with the following competitions
- O-SEE X'KIDS Mini
- O-SEE X'KIDS Kurz (Short)
- O-SEE X'KIDS Mittel (Medium) + Team Mittel (Medium)
- O-SEE X'KIDS Lang (Long) + Team Lang (Long)
Important Facts and Alterations / Improvements for the XTERRA and O-SEE Challenge Competitions:
- ATTENTION: The number of participants is limited to 850 athletes for the competitions on Saturday, 18th August 2018.
- Register early to secure the Early Bird Discount: Offer ends 31 March 2018.
- The competition O-SEE Light is back! For all Cross Triathlon Beginners - 400 m Schwimming, 10 km Mountain Biking und 2,5 km Trail Running at Lake O-SEE!!! The battle will start after the O-SEE X’KIDS competition on Sunday, 19 August 2018. Give it a go and try your first Triathlon!
- Youngsters (Age 15-17) can take the chance to compete as a Team on the O-SEE Reduced-Trail and will be assessed separately (male/ female/ mixed)
- Youngsters (Age 16/17), who battle alone on the O-SEE Reduced-Trail will be assessed and awarded as a separate Agegroup
- After two years the registration fee and late registration charge have been adapted according to circumstances.
Important Advice for O-SEE X'Kids Challenge
- For the first time we need to asked for a registration fee of 5 € for single starters and 15 € for teams for the short, medium and long distance due to an increased number of participants. The Minis will continue to be free.
- The O-SEE X'Kids will be part of the ranking list of the Area Saxony, Saxony Anhalt and Thuringia.
- Kids and teenagers competitions of O-SEE X'Kids will be counted and awared for the Championship of Saxony.
Best for Last:
The first five payed registrations will receive an attractive O-SEE Calender in addition to the early bird discount. The following five can be happy about a surprise of the O-SEE Fan Shop. GO FOR IT!
It seems like a small sensation: Faris al Sultan, an icon of triathlon, has agreed to take on the patronage of the XTERRA European Championship 2018.
"I am very pleased to take on the patronage for the XTERRA European Championship 2018 at Lake O-See. As a less gifted Mountain Bike Rider and Bavarian the honor is even greater. The fact that the Saxons can organize top-class cross triathlon events has spread since the ITU World Cup 2014 at the latest. At the time I was able to convince myself of this as athlete. Now I am looking forward to welcoming as many athletes in the beautiful Lusatia region as patron to a great competition"
Faris al Sultan – patron of the XTERRA European Championship
We are really proud and very happy that such an impressive sports personality as Faris has taken on the patronage over the XTERRA European Championship and thus in some way over our O-SEE. The Cross triathlon is one part of triathlon sports that captivates hundreds of thousands of athletes worldwide. The patronage of an Ironman winner makes it clear once again that we are part of this great sports family, across borders and continents. That's a good feeling. The O-SEE and the Zittau Mountains will be a worthy host of the XTERRA European Championship 2018. The O-SEE Sports Club will do anything needed to be great host, we promise.